Listening to a recording of something and typing it into document form is the basic description of what transcription services entail. Whether you require a lecture, dictation, presentation or radio program turned into text, a professional in this field can transcribe it for you.
There are many Internet based tools designed to convert speech into electronic or written text documents. However, seeking out a full-service outsourced solution will offer the most accurate results.
There are multifarious reasons as to why someone may hire an expert for transcription services. From providing clients and customers with professional typed letters and reports, to getting accurate transcripts of videos and podcasts for SEO purposes; not only do these services save the costs associated with employing a full-time assistant but also help in the editing and production of documentaries/films. It can be utilized further to repurpose digital contents and will oblige with legal requirements of particular professions and industries.
In the business environment, many brainstorming sessions, interviews, conferences and seminars will take place. To sidestep disputes and lawsuits, a business must maintain accurate records of its communications. This is where transcription services come into the picture.
Instead of hiring a dedicated member of staff to keep notes and record business interactions, time can be saved and high levels of accuracy achieved with assistance from a trained professional.• Academic Transcription:
When you study at a university or college, you will need the official copy of your full academic record in order to land jobs. This piece of information details grades and enrollment information for each course component.
Academic transcription, when obtained, will highlight degrees and/or diplomas completed, prizes or awards received and major area(s) of study.• Language Transcription:
If you need material in a foreign language transcribed into English, you would benefit from foreign language transcription and translation services, where the source language text is translated into the target language.
A transcriptionist will normally deal with a select group of people who necessitate transcription services for business purposes. All kinds of people utilize these services, from entrepreneurs and business coaches to attorneys and writers. Typically, a team member will be allocated for the job, based on the details and the professional will collaborate with individuals in various fields.
Here are some types of customers that are in need of transcription:
• Architects: An architect will have all sorts of ideas in his head that he will want to transform into a real picture. To do this, he needs to work with a transcriptionist who will transcribe document and word processing proposals.
• Attorneys and law firms: A solicitor, attorney or professional in the law field will need to call upon a transcriptionist as a way of keeping their office running smoothly and saving costs. Professionally typed and formatted documents will normally be used for clients and prospects. During the judicial administration, legal journal articles, briefs and court hearings will have to be transcribed for the attorney.
• Medical workers: Transcription services play an integral role in many medical fields and prove to be a necessity for pharmaceutical sales representatives, psychologists, medical writers and in doctors’ offices. The services prove beneficial for business plans, flyers, reports, survey compilation, journal articles, word processing and mailing list maintenance.
• Video bloggers/Podcasters: Content re-purposing, product creation and search engine optimization (SEO) are the main reasons why a video blogger or podcaster would seek out transcription services.
• Insurance agencies: Most insurance companies work alongside insurance brokerage, which means they require transcription services for computer training, manuscript policy typing, database management, mailing lists and interviews, among others.
When you are searching for permanent or casual solutions for your typing needs, you should determine whether you necessitate professional, general, specialist, legal, medical, academic, language or interview transcription. Fast typing speed and eye for detail are two qualities maintained by a professional transcriptionist, proving why it is better to work with a professional in this industry than to employ a general secretary.
Confidential and provided with a fast turnaround time, transcription services certainly lighten the load and provide the customer with complete peace of mind. There are numerous advantages associated with transcription, such as reduced overheads, improved business efficiency and less stress.
Prior to handing over money for these services, be sure to get an estimated price and time for completion. Once this has been confirmed, you can upload/send/attach the document and wait until it is ready for download.