Upgrade your business meetings to the next level with Join.Me meeting, a part of the GoTo family now with more features and better value. Now and then, the brand “Join.Me” pops up in virtual meeting discussions. It’s one of the top video meeting platforms responding to the ever-growing need for online remote collaboration, video conferencing, and more.
Over 80 million virtual meetings are hosted on the website every year. If you’ve been hosting virtual events on the platform, learning accurately how to transcribe Join.Me sessions can help you maximize the utility of your recordings.
In this blog, we’ll look at some essential Join.Me virtual conferencing features, including automatic transcription. Then, we’ll discuss how to transcribe your Join.Me meet with nearly 100% human perfection. Read on.
A Join.Me meeting is an online video conferencing service on the Goto.com website. The software lets users host and join video meetings in real time. Small businesses and startups find it ideal for organizing virtual events and presentations. Attractive features include:
Also, users can host or join a meeting directly on the website without downloading an app.
1. Higher maximum limit: Up to 3000 users can participate in GoTo Meetings.
2. Unlimited duration for virtual calls: Participants can join meetings from any mobile or desktop device and have video or audio conferencing events.
3. Easier scheduling of conference calls: Seamless integrations with calendar apps like Microsoft Outlook and Google Chrome allow hosts to schedule and set up virtual meetings quickly.
4. Mobile whiteboard: This unique feature facilitates real-time collaboration with the ability to draw, annotate, and add images.
5. Ability to join meetings directly on the GoTo website: Users don’t require an app to join or host a Join.Me Meeting.
1. Too basic a design: GoTo may have sacrificed advanced features, such as administrative control, for video conferencing simplicity on the platform.
2. Video/audio quality issues on the mobile app: Quality problems can sometimes mar virtual meetings on Join.Me, a mobile app.
3. Occasional malfunctions: Unexpected disconnections of virtual calls and freezing of the screen can occur and disrupt ongoing meetings.
4. Join.Me doesn’t record video calls: You can only record the audio part of your Join. me/GoTo video calls.
You may use the GoTo Smart Meeting Assistant to get your Join.Me meeting transcript. Select the transcription option before recording your virtual event. Transcribing your Join.Me meetings allow you to revisit or share the content with a larger audience later on.
While GoTo’s Smart Meeting Assistant can generate transcripts fast, it has several potentially-damaging flaws:
This imperfection isn’t unique to Join.Me. Most AI speech recognition tools produce flawed transcripts that require additional work, such as proofreading and fact-checking. AI can struggle to correctly decipher words and statements when the recording involves a lot of technical jargon, background noise, or cross-talk.
There’s hardly any AI transcription tool exposed to all types of accents and dialects imaginable. For example, if you’re hosting a Join.Me meeting with foreign speakers, the “smart assistant” can quickly get part of the speech wrong. Also, when thick accents are involved, words with similar pronunciation (such as “too” and “to”) may sound the same to AI.
You are transcribing your content using online AI tools like Join.Me’s Smart Meeting Assistant can only increase your exposure to a data breach. Privacy concerns increase when the platform doesn’t use end-to-end encryption, making it easy for hackers to intercept your sensitive material.
Human transcriptionists are the better option in several key ways, including:
Skilled human transcribers will manually produce a high-quality transcript after carefully listening to your Join. Me meeting recording. Unlike AI, they can quickly understand the context and pick out technical jargon to generate accurate text.
100% Human transcription services will match your order with experienced personnel for any difficult dialects or heavy accents.
In this case, human transcriptionists are often the only option for correct speaker identification and separating irrelevant background speech/noise from the actual conversation.
While machine-based transcription is superfast, significant errors in the transcript can make the process inefficient. Competent human transcribers will fact-check and produce an accurate transcript in 24 hours or less.
Looking for high-quality transcription of your Join.Me meeting recordings? Follow these simple steps to get an accurate transcript from GMR:
So, you occasionally want a quick Join. me transcript without the inaccuracies associated with AI and the financial burden of in-house transcription? At GMR Transcription Services, Inc., our 99% accurate and human-based transcription service meets all your needs cost-effectively! We only enlist US-based transcriptionists who boast a perfect command of the English language (both formal and informal) and handle your request with the confidentiality it deserves.
Be it a Join. me video call, webinar, or virtual business conference recording, we can deliver a ready-to-use transcript in 24 hours when required. This way, you can focus your valuable productivity time on your organization’s day-to-day operations. Register now to explore more about our transcription services and try out our client features.