Transcription is a career field that's steadily attracting beginners who see the benefits of this comfortable work from home profession. Thus, you need to be careful when making a choice on a company that will accurately document your recordings.
Whether you are well organized or not in using transcription services, here are 5 steps in transcription project planning for hiring respectable quality transcription services.
1. Select Reliable Transcription CandidatesTo avoid hiring a poor service that ends up wasting time and money, put some thought into how you want your finished transcripts to be presented.
Here are some criteria to evaluate candidates:
2. Compare Transcription ServicesOnce you have found a few companies that meet your first round of criteria, compare them with each other and ask which one matches your needs the most. Keep in mind the lowest fee or fastest turnaround time does not always reflect the best quality output.
Some transcriptionists, particularly oversee contractors, are trying to undercut the market but don't deliver good quality. Remember that quality does matter so that you avoid the nightmare of transcription errors that must be redone.
3. Draft and Share an Outline of Your Professional NeedsBefore making a final decision, create an outline of your transcription needs then contact your candidates to discuss the potential work for them.
Your outline should include points such as:
4. Secure a Booking with the Transcription TeamWhen you have finally made a selection, make sure to schedule a date with the company so that the work becomes a priority for the personnel.
5. Confirm Your Plans to Upload RecordingsSend an email confirmation to the transcriptionist a few days before the date you plan to upload your recordings. Planning ahead every step of the way will yield the best results.
We work with our clients to assist them in devising perfect transcription plan with our research transcription services. Call us at (714) 202-9653 or Contact us for devising a successful transcription project for you.