Organizing a conference can be very challenging since it involves several steps. It requires careful planning each step of the way, from booking venues to setting up audio/visual equipment to recording the event. Transcribing a conference can often be a job that requires precision work. The last thing you want to do is trust someone who lacks experience to transcribe an important event. Here are four reasons why your company should hire professionals to transcribe a conference.
Conference transcription requires plenty of setup time
- In order to record an organizational conference properly, there must be plenty of setup time.
- Engineers can check the sound levels and microphone placement for speakers before the event.
- Engineers must make sure the recording equipment and microphones work properly and have backup gear.
- While it may be faster to transcribe by hand, recording the event leads to a more accurate transcription.
Transcribing can take several hours
- A one hour company conference can take up to four hours to transcribe.
- It may take extra time if the audio is not clear or if sound enhancement is required.
- Voices may not be loud enough and must be listened to several times to transcribe accurately.
- Additional listening may be needed if there was noise in the background, such as an air conditioner.
Transcriptionists usually have professional equipment
- Inferior consumer recording equipment can cause audio to sound poor, which can be a waste of time.
- Transcriptionists can create easy access shortcuts in the editing process to speed up transcription.
- If the conference is going to be preserved, the recording should be done by professionals.
- Professional equipment provides the best speech clarity and best opportunity to archive an event.
You may need a translator
- A foreign accent can take additional time to transcribe, especially if the dialect is uncommon.
- Hiring a transcriptionist a few months in advance gives you time to make sure you find someone who is very familiar with the language.
- It's important that the translator know various dialects and the native culture.
- The translator should also have a high command of the English language.