Traveling for business can be one of the greatest and most stressful times for a professional. While there may be times when you are filled with the excitement of a new prospective location to broaden your horizons, it is often eclipsed by the overwhelming realization that you’ll have to actually do some extensive traveling to get there. Your schedule is hectic enough as it is and now you have to allot time to prep and adjust your schedule around your projected travel time? No thank you! However, here are a few tips on how to make your experience as relaxing and stress free as possible.
1. Pre PackingIt’s important that you don’t leave all of your packing to the last possible minute. While your schedule may be busy, make it easier on yourself by setting aside little increments of time every day to get your packing done little by little. This will greatly decrease your stress by giving you the appropriate time needed to get this chore done effectively.
2. Don’t ProcrastinateThis may seem kind of repetitive compared to the last step, but this applies more to your business duties. Stay on top of all your emails and tasks so that you won’t find yourself scrambling to finish them on the eve of your travel or business trip.
3. Avoid Jet LagThere are many proven remedies to combat this inevitable nuisance, but one thing is for sure: Stay hydrated. Traveling on a dehydrated body is not only detrimental to your health, but it can also increase your chances for bad Jet Lag. The high altitude mixed with your body’s need for water is a bad combination.
4. Pre Book Your CarUsing taxis as your mode of transportation both on your travels between the airport and in general may seem sensible, but it can be incredibly stressful even trying to get one. Pre book a car through a service to ease your mind off of finding ways to travel during your trip.
5. Take Time to Enjoy the Little ThingsAs jam packed as your schedule seems to be, try and take some time to actually enjoy yourself and check out some sights. Traveling for business is a true gift and it would be a shame if you spent that whole time crammed in a room stressed out beyond all measure. A little walk or a novelty bite to eat can go a long way.
Infographic created by Latitude 33 Aviation