Time is one of our most precious resources. Most moms are selfless and spend much of their days taking care of their families. Being a mom is a tough job, and moms need a little break once in a while. This year for Mother's Day give Mom one or more of the following gifts of time that will allow her to relax for the holiday.
• Organize a local Moms' Day Out. Put together an outing for a handful of the moms in your community. For example, maybe your mom is part of a mothers' group at church that would love the chance to get out for a bit without their kids. It can be something as simple as reserving a couple tables at a favorite restaurant and paying for the meal, to as extravagant as buying tickets for a concert or show.
• Send her on a little getaway. Is there some place that your mom has always wanted to travel? Is their honeymoon the last time that your mom and dad took a trip together? Whether Mom would like a chance to get away by herself or she would love a romantic weekend away with her husband, give her the trip of her dreams.
• Give her some special time out with friends. Women need time to enjoy and cultivate friendships independent of their husbands and children. Consider an activity that your mom would love to do with her friends.
• Give her a day of indulgence. Many moms do not take enough time for themselves and deserve a little pampering. Book a full day of spa treatments for your mom that she can enjoy on her own or with a good friend. For teenage and grown up daughters, a spa day can be a fun outing that all of the women in the family enjoy together.
• For grown children, take time off and spend it with her. When was the last time that you and your mom got to relax together outside of a large family gathering? Make some time to enjoy a simple pleasure such as taking in an afternoon movie.