GMR Transcription Academic Scholarship Program
Academic Scholarship Program:
GMR Transcription is a leading transcription services company that transcribes voice recordings for academic, business, legal, non-profit and other organizations. The company also offers translation services from Spanish to English, English to Spanish, English to Mandarin and Mandarin to English, interpretation services and court reporting services. Over 5,200 GMR Transcription clients are served by over 200 trained independent contractor transcribers.
Scholarship Value (see FAQ for details):
- $500 academic scholarship.
- Optional free transcription training course at www.TranscriptionCertificationInstitute.org, a $399.00 value.
- A certificate of completion from Transcription Certification Institute.
You must be currently enrolled full time in college and maintaining a 3.0 GPA. Participants must register using your college issued email address and submit unofficial transcripts if selected as the winner. We will be publishing the winners essay on our blog. Winner must submit a photo and give us permission to post it before receiving the reward.
This scholarship is offered during the Spring and Fall semesters. Students are welcome to apply for the program throughout the year. Applicants will receive a confirmation email, where they will verify entry; upon verification they will receive a code for the TCI course. The deadlines are as follows: June 15th and December 15th. Winners will be contacted via school email provided.
Scholarship Essay Prompt:
Briefly talk about yourself and your academic/career short-term and long-term goals
Then, answer the following questions:
- What have you learned from your experience(s)? Examples may include: community service, volunteer work, employment, school clubs, sports, family,etc.)
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
To apply, you will be required to take a short scholarship qualification quiz on Facebook. If you do not have a Facebook account, click HERE. If you already have a Facebook account, please click on the button below to proceed.